Our Fight Against Racism
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-racism and Oppression.
We have a vision of a Canada where all individuals and racial groups live under basic conditions of respect and equity in all areas, including social, economic and political.
Internally, we are committed to:
- Integrate anti-racism and anti-oppression into all our activities.
- Have open and courageous conversations.
- Encourage and support staff and board member learning and development on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-oppression.
- Ensure that diversity is respected by staff, management and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that our policies, practices and organizational culture promote equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-oppression.
Externally, we are committed to:
- building and maintaining trusting relationships with individuals, groups and organizations representing Black people, Aboriginal people and people of color
- Use our influence to make the voices of those who feel voiceless heard.
- Contribute transparently to identifying and understanding the challenges and trends in the sector related to race and accessibility.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, providing solutions and advocating for change to address systemic racism in the sector.
- Work with Black, Aboriginal and People of Colour groups and organizations to develop and deliver Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression tools, workshops and training to organizations across Canada.